Dear Friends of Ragrabbit,
The situation continues. I had hoped it would not, but it does. I would say there is little we can do, given the precarity of the situation and the sea of unknowns in front of us.
However, in consultation with the Witchqueen, the Oathkeepers, the Navy, and the Deathwalk Church, we have decided that having you operate in small groups may help us strike against the forces of the Undead Lords.
We are looking for multiple teams to pursue the 5 following areas:
- A Strike against Saint Scarlet on the Brightwater Sea
- A Strike against the Whisper Army in the Mireway
- A Potentially Deadly Stealth Mission into the Blackwater Holds
- A Patrol around the Edges of Knochenvale
- Reclamation of Supplies for the Brightwater Hospital
After those teams have contacted us, we will send them mission briefings. They will, when they have finished their missions, write reports back to us. When we all come together once more, we will share the details of our various efforts.
Rest well, dear Oathbound. Our dawn is but a darkness away.
The Brightwater Hospital
Very little replaces larp and the face-to-face community you can build through larp. We have heard, however, that some of you are getting a lot of joy out of online tabletop games with friends. For the past few months, we’ve been toying around with a potential way to translate Oathbound into short term tabletop settings. We want to make it available to you. Here’s our plan:
- We will release smallscale modules, based roughly on Pathfinder 3.5 but translatable to your system of choice.
- We suggest (remote!) play with at least 4 people. However, less are fine if you only want to play with members of your household. (Larger helps our efforts.) You will need someone to serve as GM and/or tradeoff amongst the group. This is for Oathbound players, though obviously if there is a person in your DnD group/household, they may be welcomed.
- You will need to contact MadrigalOathbound@gmail.com with your name and your group name, as well as the mission you selected, by May 5.
- We will email you and your group your game play packet some time in May.
- Your play is canonical as long as you write us a quick report! We’ll work to incorporate it into the next event.
- Think of these as small-scale mods, not large endeavors. You’ll learn things and make some progress, but this isn’t necessarily world changing.
We hope this stems some of the pangs.
Finally, this is very provisional, BUT we did schedule an Oathbound event with Ye Olde Commons for July 24-26 2020. I find it unlikely we will be able to do large events, if any events, by then, but please (very lightly) pencil it in. We will be following the recommendations of the CDC and WHO.